Sunday, October 23, 2016

Dark

It’s a quarter past three,
But I don’t wanna sleep.
I’m sinking,
Drowning,
On thoughts.
Thoughts that clutter my mind all day,
Until F I N A L L Y
They can release themselves
Into the dark abyss that is my bedroom,
My hallowed place.
Like moths to flame,
The thoughts begin to multiply.
The good,
The bad,
The scary.
All playin’ out in whatever crevices of my conscience,
And unconscience,
Can be found
As the night hours
D W I N D L E on.
Others, sleeping,
Not allowed the pleasure
Of my quiet screams
And pleads for help.
For someone,
Something,
To light a path out
Of the black
And crowded corners
Of my nook
In this gargantuan world.
I wait,
Fighting,
Battling,
Struggling,
With myself
For the day
That someone
Will come
And take them
Away.
Lock them up
And throw away
The K E Y.
For peace
To sweep over me
And

Bring light into my dungeon.

No comments: